Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ever since i made the decision to put my college education on a hold... my life has been different. Knowing i will be starting my life in the mission field on April 8th, 2010, I have different perspectives on things in life. My life used to be extremely busy. I would always be doing something, whether it be school, work, friends, going out, whatever it may be, i never had time alone, ever. The week after finals, i applied for 5 different jobs, and i said to God, wherever you want me to work, Boise or Nampa and wherever it may be, I am willing to do it. God provided me with a job working as a nanny monday through friday with an 18 month old little girl named Jewel. The family is a family who strongly believes in God, and this too has been such a blessing. I couldn't have asked for any other job. I know that God has given me this job to be at peace about stopping school, and quitting J. C. Penny after working there a little over 2.5 years. If you know me at all, you know how social i am and how important it is in my life to be with people, all the time. Ever since i stopped going to BSU, my life has been very simple. I work, come home, work out, and come home. Working with a little girl who is just learning how to talk, i spend alot of time in silence, with alot of that time talking to God. Over the past month, me and God have become best friends, something my soul has been longing for for 19 years. The past month, i hardly have spent time with people. God has given me a peace about being alone though, and it has been so rewarding. Spending as much time as i do alone and in silence, it has given me the opportunity to listen to God, and talk with Him. God is so good. I am learning how to be patient, with God and with life. God has a plan for everything, and i know this part in my journey is all part of it. Currently attending The Pursuit sunday mornings, and Calvary Chapel's "Engage Truth" in the evenings, God has reevently put some strong christian girls in my life that i know He had all planned out. God is so good and i cannot wait to see what he has in store for my near future. GOD IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment