Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Monday, April 26, 2010

What A Wonderful Powerful Day

Before i left Idaho to come to YWAM, my dad told me that he cant wait to see what God is going to do in my life and the person I am going to become. That statement sort of frustrated me because i had recently really started finally living my life for God. But little did i know, that YWAM would change my life .. completely .. for good. Today though was probably the most life changing day so far. God speaks to everybody in different ways. Sometimes it gets discouraging because you don't always see His results or hear Him right away. I've struggled with this recently. I know God is real and i love Him so much but sometimes it's difficult because i dont hear him the way i expect it. Today though, was different. God revealed Himself to me in a way that i thought was impossible, and it has completely changed my way of thinking about Him. We have a guest speaker this week named Christin Williams. He is a pastor from New Zealand. He discussed many things such as having faith for Christ and giving him our everything. I struggle with some things in my life.. such as my past and not being able to forgive myself, and selfishness, and impatience. I've been trying to give all of these things up to God for a while now but there hasn't been a breakthrough yet. Miraculous things have been happening in people's lives which is amazing but i had such a desire and yearning for that breakthrough and God to completely wreck me. People always say here that on ther DTS they were completely wrecked for the Lord. Which i had no idea what that meant, but finally discovered it today. While our speaker was preaching today (its corporate week so ALL dts's are together n the ohana court) I fely God really telling me to let go of my burdens of the past and of my selfishness and imaptientness in my life. I still didn't believe God would give me the breakthrough yet. Today after his message, we had worship in the background and we had prayer. It was the most God-moving experience i have seen in my life. People were flat on their faces literally screaming, screaming out to God. BEFORE we started the prayer, i told God that if today was truely the day that the breakthrough was going to happen and i was finally going to forgive myself for my past, our speaker would directly come up to me and address the issue i was having. Like God would do this, haha the speaker doesn't even know me. While the prayer was going on , God's presence completely came over me, and in exact words.. he "wrecked" me. I was sobbing forever and i knew God was doing something amazing in my life. The speaker came directly up to me during prayer, laid his hands on my head and prayed a deliverance prayer, telling God, "God, go deeper, go deeper with your love in Emily's life". It was such a divine experience in my life. It was crazy enough that our speaker came up to me and prayed what he did, because it was exactly what i needed. After prayer, Christin went up to speak again and out of the 300 kids in the ohana court, he specifically pointed out 4 people separately, giving them words and such that God gave him while he was praying for us. He told me specifically that he knew a burden was lifted from me, and ill finally be set free. He gave me the word "fly". I can finally go out and fly because God has lifted this burden from me and I can finally be free for God. Also he told me "perfect love" How God's love is so perfect that He can do anything. He told me to meditate on John 3:8 which states:

So don't be so surprised when I tell you that you have to be 'born from above'—out of this world, so to speak. You know well enough how the wind blows this way and that. You hear it rustling through the trees, but you have no idea where it comes from or where it's headed next. That's the way it is with everyone 'born from above' by the wind of God, the Spirit of God.

God directly answered me, confirming me that i finally can move forward in my life in Him and that he has taken these burdens from me, with the pastor completely confirming it. and this is one of the first encounters of God completely revealing himself to me personally, and it was amazing i couldn't believe it. also my boyfriend told me after i told him all this that at 9 o clock this morning he felt something and he sent me a text saying this:

It's funny because when we finished talking earlier I had a real check in my spirit concerning you and I had the uneasy pukish feeling and I knew it was with you and I was like God what is this? And I told him I was worried and I prayed and then I felt an overwhelming peace come over me and ge said to me that there was a struggle going on right now but I needed to not get involved because he was taking care of it. Unbelievable

It's crazy the ways God works huh
God just gave me so man confirmations this morning about this huge burden in my life, and it is so amazing. God is SO REAL, SO LIVING, SO OVERWHELMING, it is incredible. I also was given a necklace earlier this week from someone in my class that i don't know who gave it to me and its a necklace that has a tree on it that says "live free" with a meaning that the bondage's in your life from God are set free and you can finally live free. God is so good and i am so blessed to come here. And tomorrow i will be writing you a blog telling you the official location of where my outreach will be for 3 months leaving July 1. I need $2500 by May 6th, please be praying for me, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING

-Emily Ann Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment