Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

HAITI



Well everyone, it is officially official, at the beginning of July i am leaving for Haiti and the Dominican Republic for 3 months. When i was 17 years old i went to a thing called "NYC" (Nazarene Youth Conference) During one of the sermons, i had the strongest calling i have ever felt from God to a nation called "Haiti". I had no idea about anyhing about it, where it was, or anything. I went up to my youth pastor, Nate Roskam and told him about it and he told me to write it down and to pray about it. That summer and also the following summer i got in contact with a ministry that does mission trips specifically to Haiti and i thanked God cuz i got in contact with someone who i knew could help me live out this passion God has put in my heart. It was NEVER the right timing, and i knew God continued to tell me to "wait". When the earthquake happened my heart completly broke. I really felt that i needed to quit my job a few weeks early and go serve there, becuase that is exactly where my heart is, but ONCE again, God told me to wait. Before coming to YWAM, Haiti was not even an option for an outreach location. On friday, we got the official choices for our outreach: Mexico, Haiti/DR/Phillipines/India. The week before we found out, God really put Haiti on my heart and i told God if it was an option, then i would FINALLY know what he meant 2 1/2 years ago when he called me. He has finally revealed himself and i get to go serve in the country my heart is most after for 3 months of my life, it will be so challenging, so please keep me in your prayers. God is going to do somehting amazing i already know it. Thank you all again for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Yes HE will do something AMAZING!!!! I'm SOOOO EXCITED to share it with you! We're going to have a BLAST!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete