Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Friday, May 7, 2010

Freedom in Christ

"Freedom in Christ" week was this week. I was a little nervous of this week at first because of some things that had happened in the previous week not knowing what certain things were, but after the first day of this week, i knew this was going to be a life changing week. Some of the things addressed this week was forgiveness, how it is a choice, not a feeling. Some people have really hurt me in my life, and i have CHOSEN to forgive them, even if they were in the wrong. I also have offended many people and am CHOOSING to ask for forgiveness, and make it right in God's eyes.We also talked about our conscience, and how sometimes we damage it to where it doesn't recognize right and wrong.We also talked about the 10 commandments and spent over an hour talking about honoring your father and mother. Every parent makes mistakes, which sometimes lead to rebellion and anger in their children. We talked how we need to forgive our parents no matter what the damage is, they are the two most vital important people in our life. I have chosen to forgive my parents for some of the things that have offended me and am choosing to ask for their forgiveness for the way i have also treated them. Today (Friday) was the most vital day. We talked about repentance and confessing our sins. We spent over 3 hours in a circle.. with a cross in the middle giving each and every person in our DTS (over 50 people) a chance to come up in front of everyone and confess our since to God in front of people. It was a very vital day in our lives. It was the ending to one of the most amazing and life changing weeks yet. The information given to us was so important in order to be able to grow in Christ. There was so much hurt in each and every one of us that we needed to give up to God, in order to be able to grow in him more. Being the second one up, i discuss Growing up how my mother passed away at a young age, which led to much hatred and anger towards God and people. up thinking I could be miss independent. Certain issues and things in my life led to me being an extremely impatience and selfish person, living for myself. I gave that up to God, confessing to him selfishness, impatience, immorality, unlovingness etc. I know God is going to be there for me each and every day, helping me be the selfless, patient, loving person he designed and wants me to be. It was such an amazing day, hearing each and every one of us get up, confessing the deepest most hurtful things in our life, then after each and every one, having a group of people come up and pray for each specific person. being here is so amazingand so powerful. We are surrounded by the absolute most amazing loving Christian people, getting prayer, support and love every where we go. We are all leanring so much about God and about how to grow more in the Lord. Our leaders are aboslutely phenomenal, the teachings are so powerful, and we are in the most beautiful place. God is so good and teaching me so much, i am becoming a better person and He is helping me overcome so many things, God is so good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment