Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Update

Hello friends and family!

My first month in Hawaii has been more life changing then I could have ever dreamed or planned for. Thank you for your support that has enabled me to be here. I appreciate it so much. I have been studying world view, culture, social injustice, the different aspects of Gods character and many other topics. This week is Holy Spirit week, then some remaining weeks include battle for your sexuality, and missions. I am currently on week 7 of being here on my Discipleship training school phase, growing and learning in my relationship with the Lord, to enable me to be prepared for my 2 1/2 month outreach.


For those of you who do not know my team and I are going to Haiti for our outreach. We will be living in a refugee camp in Port-au-Prince for two months documenting the lives of the refugees that live among us. We will also be helping with certain reconstruction projects, and personally working in the lives of the Haitian people, bringing hope to their lives. This will be a great challenge, but I am so excited to be among these beautiful people that have recently been through one of the most devastating earthquakes known. This to me is what life is about, to love those who are around you, and to give your life so another can live. This is what we will be doing in Haiti. Then after living and breathing Haiti we will be going to the Dominican Republic for about a month. There we will be speaking in churches about our lives in Haiti and updates on what is going on there, we will be doing children's ministry, and doing post production on our documentary of life in Haiti, Eyes Of Hope.
My immediate needs:
-$2,500 Costs for my trip (need by June 5th)
-$250 for camera equipment (need by June 20th)
-Wide angle lens that would fit a Canon Rebel Xsi (need by June 20th)
-If you are willing to donate any equipment that would be much appreciated. We are going to be teaching photography to some of the young people in the refugee camp. Something so small can bring much hope, enough hope to service.
-Support one day of my trip! Each Day Of My Trip Will Cost about: $25.00.
This is a great way to join me on my trip! You may support the very day I help make a difference in someones life, perhaps even help save their life.

Thank you again all so much for your prayers and support, God is doing some amazing things in my life and in the lifes of others around me, July 1, we are off to Haiti! Keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment