Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baptism..

Last week, the leader of our school announced that if there were some people that would like to get baptized, there would be an opportunity coming up. When i heard about this opportunity, i got so excited. I was baptized in 6th grade at my home church but it didn't really mean anything to me, i did it more because everyone else was doing it. Before coming to YWAM in Kona, God started stirring in my heart (in January) pretty deeply, wanting more of my attention and to become my true best friend. Coming here to DTS, i had quite a bit of baggage from my past; being here, God has helped allow me to bit by bit let go of things of my past to completely and submit by life to God. Today, June 3, 2010, I declared on a public beach at the pier in downtown Kona in front of my fellow DTS students and curious tourists my faith to God, dying to my old my, my old self, and my old life, and from here on, being in a dedicated commitment relationship with God, daily. He is my best friend and from this day forward, i will live for Him, not myself. l love you so much God thank you for everything you do for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment