Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Friends and Family..

I hope all is well back in Idaho, I’m more homesick than I thought I would be, but God is doing some amazing things here at YWAM with my life; I’m a completely different person. This letter is a brief overview of my time here at DTS and the journey I am about to embark on here in less than a month. I have been going through an intense 3 month discipleship training school learning about God’s character, the Holy Spirit, purity, freedom in Christ, and other various deep subjects about who God is. I have learned who He is on a completely different level, and have learned truth for myself. I’m starting to understand who God is, how He works, and how much He loves us; and it is completely changing my life. I am finally living for GOD, not myself. I am learning to be in constant communication with Him, daily, because He is my best friend. I am learning about mission work, how to evangelize, and other various things, getting me ready for outreach, and for my new lifestyle. A typical day here, we spend about 6-8 hours a day in class; we do community outreach, small groups, corporate worship, and prayer times. It can be so exhausting, but is honestly one of the most rewarding things I could possibly be doing.

When I was 16 years old, I attended a youth conference in St. Louis, MI. While I was there, God told me I was going to go to Haiti. I had to ask my youth pastor about it because I had never even really heard much about the country. Since then, I have tried numerous times to plan a mission for me to go serve there, including after the earthquake, but it was never in God’s timing. God had his specific timing, and it is always perfect. When I found out Haiti was an outreach location option, I knew exactly why God gave me such a compassionate heart for Haiti over three years ago; And I truly did and still do have the biggest heart for Haiti, and it is amazing to finally know why. All God’s plan; all in God’s timing; what an amazing God.

On June 30, 2010, me and ten other students from my PhotogenX DTS will be flying out to Port-au-Prince, Haiti for one month. We will be living in a refugee camp, speaking in their about topics we have learned here at our DTS, sharing God’s word and love to the people in desperate need in a destroyed country. We will also be involved with different reconstruction projects various churches are working on, starting to rebuild the beautiful country of Haiti that has been destroyed. Also we will be partnering with the program “UNICEF” helping them out with what they need. After this month, we will be going to St. Marc, Haiti for another month, also talking in churches, working with women and children involved with prostitution, trafficking, and other issues such as these. After these two months in Haiti, helping bring hope and love and most importantly God, we will be going to the Dominican Republic for a few weeks, sharing in churches and ministries everything we have been doing in Haiti, and also spreading God’s love in this country as well. I already know God has some huge plans for me and my team that will be going to serve in this country, and I am so excited to see the fruit that comes from it. Thank you for your prayers and support :) you are also invited to keep up with me on my journey here at DTS and following in Haiti when i will have internet access.
www.emilywilliamsonphotography.blogspot.com


* Please be praying for my team and I, as we head out to Haiti in less than a month. We will be filming a movie, called “Eyes of Hope” (there is a website we are currently working on www.eyesofhope.info), Raising awareness of different issues in Haiti, and being a light of hope in the Haitians lives. This is such an incredible journey God is preparing me to go on. Certain issues that need prayer during our mission trip are our safety, health, an overflow of God’s love in our lives to be poured out in the lives of the Haitians, hope, unity, and an understanding of God for these people. Also another thing I would appreciate so much if you prayed for is if God is putting on your heart to partner with me in this journey through finances. All of our outreach fees are due at the end of the week, and I currently have $1500 left until my fees are paid off. I am trusting God that He is going to bring the right amount of money He wants to provide me with. If you feel led to partner with me and help me financially, you can e-mail me at emilywilliamson@u.boisestate.edu for more info. Thank you again for your continuous prayer and support, they mean so much to me. It is so wonderful having the friend and family support that I have, during this journey. Thank you all so much and God bless you.


-Emily Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment