Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Monday, June 21, 2010

Some Things God Has Been Doing In My Life...

I wanted to write a blog on here sharing a little bit of what God has been doing in my heart and in my life as a person. I am a completely different person today that I was before I came to YWAM. Actually, I am a completely different person than I was just a few short weeks ago. Since the day i left for YWAM, each and every day God has made sure He made somewhat of an additional impact in my life, growing me closer to Him. There were times that this made me mad, because i felt i wasn't ready to get out of who i used to be and become who God created me to be, but He knew that I was ready, finally. God has really been working on my heart while being here, and who i am as a person. He has transformed how I treat people, and how I love people. I have walked out of being a very selfish person, to finally becoming a person of love, putting others before me (most the time haha). He has shown me that you don't always need to be first in line or have the most of everything. You need to sacrifice yourself daily to other people, putting them before you and who they are before you as well. We are such selfish people and only think of ourselves, it's our human nature, but we need to stop acting on that and start putting others first. Also, before YWAM, i was not a very loving family. If you aren't shown alot of love in your life, how can you expect to know how to love others? God has shown me the ultimate love that I have been seeking my entire life, showing me that His love is the only love that i really need to get through anything. He also has allowed the most amazing man of God to come into my life as my boyfriend a couple months before YWAM. He has been there for me through everything, showing me God's truth, and God's love. He is such a man after God's own heart, seeking Him with all of his heart, striving to me more and more like Him as much as he can. He has prayed with me, dealt with stuff from my past, and helped show me God's truth in so many ways. I am becoming a person who is different than the person i used to be. I am recognizing when i complain and when i judge people. When i do it now, God convicts me of it each time, letting me know that it's not OK. My goal while I am in Haiti is to not complain the whole time (big goal ehh :) ? ) Only 9 more days till my team is off! I cant wait to talk to you all about my journey while in Haiti and the DR and to see what else God has in store for me :) thank you all for your prayers.


-Emily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment