Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Friday, July 2, 2010

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!! (Blog written on 6/30/10)
I cannot believe how fast time has gone by in Hawaii, doing my DTS. Every week seems to just vanish. But every week we learned so much about God, and in so many different ways. The last week and a half in Hawaii was really good. I think I could say that we were all ready to get out and go on outreach, but it was good. We relaxed, spent hours packing up our room, and had our final goodbye love feast (pictures to the side). After a huge farewell from our DTS, being the second outreach team to leave Hawaii, we left campus yesterday night at 7pm, our flight leaving at 9:20. We get to the Kona airport, and we begin to check our bags. And right then and there, things seem to start going wrong. The Dominican Republic has a 50lb. limit rule. Some peoples bags were over 70 (I mean, we ARE packing for 3 months). So that took quite a bit of time to get that all situation and figured out. Me and my leader, Cyrielle, were the first two people to get our boarding passes, so we headed off to security. When we get there, there are over a hundred people in line, because there is only a single line to pass through security. It took us over an hour at this point to get through security, and our other teamsmates didn’t get to security till 30 minutes after us. Me and Cyrielle passed security and made it to our gate at about 8:45pm. And we waited there for what seems forever. They began to call boarding, group by group, and eventually got to group 4 which was us, and it was still only us 2 out of the 11. I decided to just get on the plane. At this point I has no faith whatsoever that our team was going to make it onto the plane, because how long checking in took, and security, but my leader kept telling me to trust in God and have faith. By the time we got on the plane and the doors shut, all 11 of us were safely on the plane ☺ I took out my journal to write on it, and on the front cover it says “Trust in the Lord”. I believe that during this trip, God is going to truly show me what it will look like to fully trust in Him and have faith that He is in control of everything. God is so good and I know He is going to be doing some amazing things with our group.
Today we have been in Hawaii, L.A., California, Miami, Florida, and I am currently on the plane as I write this into the Dominican Republic. It will be hot, it will be hard, it will be a culture shock, but God is so good and will be with us the entire time. Enjoy some photos from our love feast, and our beginning travels.. will be posted in a few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment