Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Friday, July 9, 2010

Haiti.. Haiti, Haiti, Haiti. Where do I begin?
As I have said before, God called me to come to Haiti when I was 16, and it is finally my time to be here. Ever since the moment I have entered the country, my heart has never been so heavy and heartbroken, yet my heart has never been so happy, ever. I know God designed a part of me to love these people, and love this country, and I do, more than I thought I would.
Today we went to downtown Port-Au-Prince, to where ALL of the destruction from the earthquake happened, and let me tell you, it's worse than you think, I promise. Seeing everything first hand today absolutely broke my heart. These people live in the poorest nation on this side of the world. And if you come here, you will see it. The children have to work so hard, the people need to go on the streets to sell gadgets, jsut to earn money for the day. Their are what are called "tent cities" here, where there are tent after tent (more like just pieces of tarp though) where families LIVE. And we are there in America complaiing cuz we don't get desert, it is 1 degree too hot in our house or we have 30 shirts, not 40. We need to realize that our country is so spoiled, and we should thik about the people in other countries, living off ONE dollar a day. Today we also went to a "hospital" ... but none of you would think it was a hospital. It was 3 run down tents... out in the heat... with like 20 run down, hot beds under the tents. One tent had babies in it.. most of them were 6 months premature, just laying there, in the heat, so close to death. Outside of the tent there was a live of over 50 people with their kids, waiting to get inside a tent to get their kids mediciine. The people have no emiotn to their faces, so much fear, so much confusion, and anger. This country has hope, but you need to go help them, and look for it. This country is so beaitoful and so amazing, but it is destroyed. I know God has called me here for a reason, and I know i am coming back, hopefully soon. I love it here more than anything. Thank you God somuch for getting to be here. I love you, and I love this country you haev created.

No comments:

Post a Comment