Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Friday, September 10, 2010

September 10th 2010

It is only 5 more days till we get back on the plane heading back to Hawaii to end our time being a "DTS student". I'm still getting over being sick, so i still havent done ministry since we hvae been back in the Dominican Repbublic, but God is still each and every day brining up more stuff in my life that needs to be dealt with, learning more about my relationship with God, how to submit to authority, how to love people, how to show leadership through loving not controlling, and how to soften your heart. I am truly becoming a totally different person, all through sitting in a house for a month. Sometimes the ways God does things isn't what we planned, or wanted for the least. I can't even describe to you how boring it has been to be here at this house, for over 3 weeks now, every single day, all day. I think once we get back to America, it will be culture shock x10 for me. To be back in America, and to be back out interacting with life. But I truly know in my heart God allowed all this to happen for a purpose and a reason, and I am graudually seeing more and more of the fruit as each day goes by. Every single day here brings its ups and downs, its challeneges, some that have led me looking into airplane tickets to come home early. But God didnt allow that. He knew i was strong enough to push through this, push through eveything. And I have, and I do not regret any of it. I am SO glad I stayed here, and I am so at peace with the person God is shaping me into more and more as time goes by. It seriously hasn't phased me yet how fast outreach has gone by, probably becuase while I am in each day, it seems like its going by so slow. But in 5 short days we will be back in America, with all of our friends doing debrief, then in 12 dyas I will be back in Idaho. God has allowed me to go through more I ever have gone through in my life and more than I thought I could ever handle, but pushing through everyhting, with God, has created somehting so strong and wonderful inside of me, knowing that anything is possible with God. Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I am still getting over my sickness and I hope to see you soon! :-)

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment