Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Saturday, September 4, 2010

September 4, 2010

I cannot believe that we only have 11 days left until we are back on the airplane heading back to America, Kona, Hawaii :) God has been continually doing so many things in my life through this sickness. He is really showing me how to spend quiet time with him daily, to truly dig into his word and STUDY scriptures.. not just read them once; He is teaching me how to communicate with Him throughout the day, giving Him all my worries, fears, desires, and questions. God has been restoring relationships with other members on my team that I have had difficulty with, and it has been a true blessing. God is teaching me... "Be still, and know that I am God." Another silly thing God is teaching me is how to cook! I have never really learned or wanted to learn how to cook in my life, and with the sickness and only being able to eat fruits and vegetables, I have learned a bariety of ways to cook with different things, different ways, and healthy. With marriage in my near future, this was truly a blessing ;)

With these next 11 days, I know God will be continually working in my life, although my sickness is still in my body. I am submitted to the Lord and His will for me, and becoming more and more of the woman of God He intended me to be everyday. Can't wait to see all of you!!

-Emily Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment