Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Life Back In The DR

SO ... we have been back in the Dominican Republic for 10 days now, and I have barely left the house, I'm still sick and I have been getting so discouraged. I'm trying not to get discouraged but being sick for 8 weeks now is getting discouraging. I haven't been out to do ministry in 3 weeks now, and that's been really rough. Sitting in a house all day everyday in a third world country being sick is no fun. It's interesting though becuase even though i have been sick, God is teaching me so much through this. There definitly are days where I don't see it, and I have a bad attitude, but then I spent time with God, realize the things I did right, did wrong, and the things I need to change. As I have posted before, I had dengue fever for a little over a week in St. Marc, Haiti. Now that we are in the DR, i recently got diagnosed with "Giardia Lamblia". This is a parasite that is in your body, usually from dirty water. We are getting medicine for it today, but for the most part, it just needs to die away. The symptoms are total opposite from the Dengue Fever. I have extreme migranes every day, a horrible sore throat, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, etc. I know that this is all happening for a reason though, and I know whatever it is, once I get back home, I will look back, and just be amazed at all the things God did in my life during outreach. It is interesting because during lecture, God told me the number "21". I thought it meant that God wanted me to fast something for 21 days, but I never had a real peace about it, and I never really acted on it. So on outreach, I thought maybe God wanted me to fast the first or the last 21 days of outreach, but once again, never really had a clear answer or a peace about it. It is interesting though, becuase when I got diagnosed the other day with my parasite, that marked 21 days left of outreach. I have almost gone home so many times, becuase i just felt I couldn't do it anymore and I needed to come home, but I know that that isn't God's plan for me and my time here in Haiti and the DR. I know that the day I got diagnosed with Giardia, that was my breaking point. I wanted to go home, I lost my desire to spend time with God, and to even be here anymore. But these last 21 days I firmly believe are going to be one of the most vital 21 days in my life where God is going to reveal so much to me and become my very best friend. I am allowing God into my heart again, fully. I am opening up my heart, soul, mind, and emotions to Him. TRUSTING in Him, and having FAITH that He knows exactly what He is doing with me during this season of my life. Just keep me and my sickness in your prayers, no matter how long it takes, I know that I am going to be healed. We only have 18 days left until we head back to Hawaii, then finally back to sweet ole' Potatoe State, Boise, Idaho. I cannot wait to be able to share my pictures and all my experiences (when I wasn't sick and actually got to go out haha) with all of you. I am glad going home didn't work out for me, becuase God still has a little more work He wants to do in my life to shape me more into the woman of God He has always intended for me to be. Thank you all for your prayers, God is so good.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.


-Emily Williamson.

No comments:

Post a Comment