Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dengue Fever

Friends and Family,

On Monday, i got the Dengue Fever. Here is a little info from the web so you all know what this desiese actually is...

Dengue Fever is an acute viral infection characterized by fever. It is caused by a bite from mosquitoes carrying dengue virus. The primary form of Dengue Fever is characterized by a skin rash and a high fever with severe pain in the head and muscles. Other symptoms may include shaking chills, diarrhea, and vomiting. Bouts of extreme exhaustion may last for months after the initial symptoms. Because dengue fever is caused by a virus, there is no specific medicine or antibiotic to treat it. For typical dengue, the treatment is purely concerned with relief of the symptoms (symptomatic). Rest and fluid intake for adequate hydration is important. Aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should only be taken under a doctor's supervision because of the possibility of worsening hemorrhagic complications. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and codeine may be given for severe headache and for the joint and muscle pain.

So the past 6 days, i have been laying in bed for most all day everyday. I haven't been able to go out and do ministry with the team with week and it's been very difficult. The pain mentioned about is basically what I have been going through. The pain in my lower back is at times almost unbearable. I can only be up from bed for about an hour at a time before my back starts to hurt me again toe badly. The pain behind my eyes feel like a serious migrane, all put together in the section right behind my eyes. Diahrea is definitly an everyday systom. A loss of appetite has been a huge one for me, and extreme nasusea. The exhaustion level my body is at right now is ridiculous. Walking up stairs takes everything in me. I actually caught the Dengue Fever last monday as well, but 3 days after God healed me, completely. I am not sure why I caught it again so soon and so quickly, but I did. This is the time in outreach where God is stretching me, and asking me to push though it, as hard as it is for me right now. I just want to please ask that you will keep me in your prayers, as I know God will heal me, I'm just not sure when. Thanks again for all your continuous prayers and support. God Bless you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment