Helping Haiti

Helping Haiti

Sunday, August 22, 2010







On Wednesday, August 18th, we made it back to the Dominican Republic, after a luxery air conditioned bus ride, that suprisingly only took about 6 hours. We haven't done too much since we have been here, we went to the beach on our first full day here, which was beautiful. We had a down day, then yesterday we went to a
church and i gave my personal testimony and also my testimony from Haiti. Today we are going to the Colonial Zone to get to take pictures and explore a different part of the city. We are also going to another church tonight. This week is a pretty full week for our team. On monday, we will be going to a rural neightborhood to just spend the day with the people that live there, and get to know the kids. We will get to really pour out God's love on the kids, and just have a fun day with them. The rest of the week (Tues-Fri) we will be at the local University here, doing different ministry there everyday. We will have full days there (9am-6pm). We will be doing worship, sermons, and photogrpahy classes; also time to just go around the campus witnessing to people and getting to know them. We are all excited to see what God is going to do on this last stretch of outreach, He has already done so much.
A little update on my sickness. The dengue fever is basically completely out of my body. I don't have any of the symptoms anymore, so that is good. I do have a sore throat right now though and my body is still so weak. I know that God is with me though, and soon, i will be completely healed, it's just a process.
Outreach has still been the most difficult things I have ever gone through, but it is definitly forcing me to go keeper in my walk with God, and just personal character building. It has been some of the best times in my life, and also some of the worst. But God is still good, and He is still so faithful. We have a little over 3 weeks till we head back to Kona, then back to Idaho, then the big move to Colorado. Can't wait to see the next things God will be doing in my life. Thank you all for your prayers :-)
Enjoy some pictures :-)



The pics are of our last day in Port-Au-Prince (with Baby Johnny :), handing out suckers in Port-Au-Prince, The Beach we went to on our first day in the DR, me and one of the prostitutes we became friends with, and me and my best friend Liz at the beach :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus is so faithful! He is using you greatly!! your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete